I’ve recently upgraded my GPU to a TITAN Black with 6GBs of RAM, which is awesome, however, Adobe does not “support” this card in its current CC 2014 version.
However, there is no reason this card should not be supported, it’s only that Adobe hasn’t tested the card yet and thus does not provide any support towards it. But, fear not, TITAN Black will render the GPU accelerated previews and everything just fine. You just have to force-enable it in Premiere (and the likes). Here’s how:
- Go to your Premiere Pro CC 2014 installation folder, in my case: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014
- Shift + Right-Click in that folder in order to launch the Command Line, from the menu, starting in that folder (this tip is free of charge )
- Execute the gpusniffer.exe program and see what name of your card it lists at the top
- Mine said “Renderer: GeForce GTX TITAN Black/PCIe/SSE2
- In the very same folder, locate the “cuda_supported_cards.txt” file and open it for editing
- Simply add your card at the end of the list. Do not include the “/PCIe/SSE2” parts, just the name of the card
Done. Now Premiere Pro CC 2014 recognizes the card for Mercury playback and uses the GPU for acceleration.
Note: If you rather own an OpenCL GPU, edit the “opencl_supported_cards.txt” file instead of the “cuda_supported_cards.txt”.