If you’ve just upgraded to FireFox 3.5, like me, and have problems with displayed graphics, i.e. they seem too dark or too washed out, it’s because FireFox introduced a new default value to its color management engine.
Thankfully there’s a fix and its super simple.
- In the address bar, type in: about:Config
- Locate a setting named: gfx.color_management.mode
- Set it to: 0, which means no color management at all!
The available values for the mode are:
- 0: No color management at all
- 1: Enables color management for rendered graphics (I don’t recommend this, unless you’re strictly on a sRGB profile, which I’m not)
- 2: Enables color management for tagged graphics only, which means images with an embedded profile will get color managed, as far as I understand
That’s it, hope this helps. It sure did help me